Friday, April 25, 2008
Dylan, thank you for the lessons that you are teaching me about the Lord. So small, yet you are leading me to learn more about the God I have worshipped my whole life. From the womb your Father and I have prayed that you would one day come to know this Savior we call Jesus. I love you, son!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
10. Tim can build a computer from the ground up with just a couple of pieces of conductor wire, a CPU tower, and a processor...and he can fix anything that has a mother board or a memory card in it :)
9. He loves Shakey's almost as much as I do.
8. He lets me win at basketball ;)
7. He tells me I am beautiful.
6. He watches chick-flicks with me.
5. He fixes my blog when I mess it up or need help with new features.
4. He gave me 2 dozen roses for Valentine's Day.
3. Twice when I was throwing-up sick, he stayed by my side and held my hair back so it didn't fall in the wastecan. (That is true love)
2. He is a GREAT father to Dylan
1. He answered God's call to be a minister.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Also, this silence may cause us to cry out saying "God, where are you? I can't hear you!" And thus begins the dialogue God likes to call "prayer". One would like to think that God wouldn't have to resort to this to get one to call upon Him, but trust me, I'm sure I've been there!! Remember the game we played as kids "Marco, Polo"? God does not mind playing Polo. He is pleased with whatever it takes for us to find Him, even calling out to Him until we hear Him call back.
This week was our state's Children's Week and Dylan enjoyed a festival-like atmosphere at preschool each day he went. This picture is from Wacky Day where the kids were supposed to dress wacky. In case the pic isn't clear, he had an inside-out t-shirt, rolled up sweat pants, one red and one orange sock, and swim shoes!
This week we also began a new series known as Adventures in Potty Training. So far we have wet in 6 pairs of pants and underwear. Mom has washed the couch cushions twice and mopped up the floor three times. But there have been many more moments showing positive promise...we have had countless M&M's for successful attempts. When I saw what is in the picture below, I was a little unsure of how this would go. But so far, so good for a kid who'd rather pee in his pants than use the potty, and a Mom and Dad who are being as consistent as they can but both work full-time! Tune in next time for more fun in the Adventures in Potty Training!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Help me to remember, God
Help me to remember, God, when he’s tall and twenty-three
that arms now strong and muscular at one time cuddled me.
Help me to remember, God, when he says it’s me who’s wrong
his breath once tickled on my neck as I sang him a song.
Help me to remember, God, when we don’t see eye to eye
before he used to fall asleep he’d kiss me then he’d sigh.
Help me to remember, God, when I see a man in him
a little boy once filled his shoes, ‘twas I who buckled them.
Help me to remember, God, though when he’s on his own
how small he may have started out, but Oh how much he’s grown!