Hello family, friends, and those who will get to know us through this blog. I have long been wanting to start my own blog, but have just never made it happen. Now I stand at the close of another year (2007) and as I look out into the horizon of New Year's Resolutions, I guess this will be mine - to blog for the glory of God! That may seem a ludicrous declaration to many of you. But I have recently been affected by the honest, sincere, and frank writings of a woman who I now consider a dear friend...as she has eloquently scripted the recent chapters in her family's life. I have experienced the power of the blog. My reasons to write include:
1) My own mental sanity (to sort things out, think them through...)
2) As a catalog, to look back on and see how far we've come
3) In the hopes that others will be encouraged, blessed, and helped...or at least to keep from making the same mistakes we do!
4) To put into words my praises to God for His daily blessings and glimpses of grace
5) And last but not least, to keep in touch with family and friends, who are the greatest blessings along life's journey (I hope to make this a virtual scrapbook)
So 2008 will be the year of the blog. Soon I hope to tell you more about me and my family. I invite and encourage you to interact with this blog. Feel free to give me feedback at any time. Happy New Year and God's blessings for 2008!
It’s not supposed to be this way... I chose to revisit one of my favorite books yesterday. (Love Lysa’s story!) And my whole heart resonat...
Today I'm featuring a guest post - by a guest who hasn't made it onto my blog yet. My husband! For those who don't know him, i...
Today our family had the opportunity to attend my husband's unit's "Casing of the colors" ceremony, which most army units/...
Recent months have sent me through a reform, of sorts. I used to come to the Bible hungering and thirsting for what I could find about...