Horizons

Today we got the news that Tim's Army Chaplaincy training will begin in early January. So he will head to Ft Jackson, SC then and we will be apart for some time. And then we will be stationed somewhere far from here. This is what we have been thinking would happen, so it is nothing new; it is just final now. Two words that have been on my heart and mind this week have been "captivated" and "horizons". I don't know why exactly I have been chasing those words in my head, I can only speculate that God is reminding me of how He is the one that has "captivated" me by His love and mercy and brought me to this place of preliminary acceptance. Perhaps "horizons" is supposed to remind me that as we begin to say farewell to so much of the familiar, there are horizons yet to come - reminders of the future that awaits us. A reminder to keep our eyes focused ahead of us on Jesus. A reminder that whatever He is bringing us to is greater than what He has brought us from or through...truly His best is yet to come. The song Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real has been a testament for me lately, as my heart echos the second verse and chorus:

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills?
So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything
I surrender...
To whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life...something Heavenly

No comments:

Women of Worth

  Women of Worth Look closely at the women listed in Matthew’s first chapter - the lineage of Christ. What do we find? An impeccable pedigre...