One sick boy

I guess I should consider myself a lucky mother to have never experienced a child's upset stomach in almost 2 years. But last night, we made up for lost time. Dylan must have caught a bug and it left him fevered yesterday afternoon. I went to church and Tim stayed home with him. I had no more got home and eaten dinner when Dylan punily crawled up into my lap, moaning about something. I pulled him in close to hug him and - bleeeeaaack - I got it good. We're talking hair, shirt, pants, underwear, couch, floor, carpet. Poor guy! Tim and I both freaked - we stalled, like cars out on a busy highway. Fortunately, common sense kicked in quickly and we rushed him to the tub. Tim gave him a bath while I took shower #2 of the day. After we all got cleaned up, Dylan sat in his Dad's lap while I sprayed Lysol over every inch we had tread. It wasn't too long after this that Dylan made the score even by getting his dad good. So we repeated the aforementioned scene...and fortunately that was the end of that. He was able to hold down Tylenol and we had a quiet restful night. He is fever free this morning, but hasn't had much of an appetite. When Dylan turns down graham crackers - it is a big deal! Today he has been, for the most part, happy and content to play with his Christmas toys. It's always an adventure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that my little man is sick! It is awful to deal with a sick child because you feel so bad for them, especially at Dylan's age. What good parents you and Tim are! I am so proud to call you my friend! Keep up the good work, and remember, a shower (or two, or three) never killed anyone! More the merrier I always say! Rub a dub dub!

Women of Worth

  Women of Worth Look closely at the women listed in Matthew’s first chapter - the lineage of Christ. What do we find? An impeccable pedigre...