Jenn's thoughts...and Dylan's Day of Fun

A couple of days ago I read a scripture verse from Isaiah 65 that says "Before they call, I will answer". That immediately gripped my heart and made me want to look deeper into the heart of God's forethoughts of His children. As I searched the scriptures, I also came upon these other references to God going before us: Isaiah 45:2 - I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates or bronze and cut through bars of iron. Isaiah 52:12 - But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard. Matthew 6:8 - ...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. These scriptures have had a fresh meaning to me in light of this past year. My husband and I were watching the ministry God had placed Tim in be seemingly sabotaged and undermined before our very eyes. Yet, God was going before us and clearing out paths before we knew we needed them. This time last year the job I now have was being opened up so that "Before they call, I will answer." God is showing me time and again that through suffering, the question should not be "Why?" but "What?" or "Where?" On a different note, Dylan had an incredibly fun day yesterday! He got to play with his future wife Jenna (an arranged marriage, mind you) in the morning and a new friend Tommy in the evening. That picture makes me think of the quote by Caeser "Veni, Vidi, Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered). Watching his social skills form is really enlightening. Sharing is not his forte, but he is learning. Thanks to Grammy & Poppy for the Cars tent, which has provided hours of exciting fun!

No comments:

Women of Worth

  Women of Worth Look closely at the women listed in Matthew’s first chapter - the lineage of Christ. What do we find? An impeccable pedigre...