V-Day

I honestly can't say that I remember a Valentine's Day since being married where we were this busy - where Tim and I seemed to be going in so many different directions. Nonetheless, my sweet Valentine put forth the effort and made the time to come by my work and surprise me with 2 dozen of the most beautiful coral-peach roses I have ever seen. I truly love roses (as evidenced by my 9 rose bushes outside our house) because of their visual appeal and their fragrant appeal. Our office sure did smell delicious today! My gift to Tim was a coupon card for a fantastic evening together in the near future - now, if we can just find the time to work out our schedules so we can make it happen!
Dylan had a fun day at daycare celebrating Valentine's. His day was complete with what I like to call a "junk food party" and a Valentine exchange. This is him on Heart Day:

It is easy to show love to someone in light of a holiday like this. Gushy, froo-froo, I Love You cards given by men to women who give them chocolate or a new pair of boxers. It is not rocket science to love someone who loves you back. But the Bible has this to say about love:

I Jn 4:10-12 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

The roses ARE beautiful! And so are you! And so is that sugar filled happy boy. But we think he is a big smiling sugar anyway :-)

Mom

Women of Worth

  Women of Worth Look closely at the women listed in Matthew’s first chapter - the lineage of Christ. What do we find? An impeccable pedigre...