He has made me glad

In the midst of all the changes that are going on in our life, I have found myself searching for things to uplift me and for constants. I feel so lost without Tim here, yet I know that God is causing me to lean on Him each and every step. Not that God isn't always in our midst, but it helps me to picture God drawing himself even closer to me with Tim gone, filling in all the gaps and holes that my life feels without his presence. God is my husband during this time.

The Lord continues to shower his blessings on us. First he bestowed on us the gift of another pregnancy. Now, just this passed week, we had an offer on our house. As you can imagine, with the market the way it is these days, it wasn't a great offer. So, we prayerfully considered it, then counter-offered...and the buyer accepted! So, we have a house sale pending as we speak. To further trace the Lord's hand on all this, the buyer doesn't want to move in until Feb 23 which works out perfect with out schedule of not moving until sometime in March! When God does something, He does it right!

There is a song that was made popular by Darlene Zschech and the lyrics go like this:
I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon a rock
I will not be moved
And I'll say of the Lord
You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need
Whom have I in heaven but You
There's none I desire beside You
You have made me glad
And I'll say of the Lord
You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need
This song has been like a balm for my soul this week. So much of it is everything I am feeling and going through at this time.
Tim is doing well, as I knew he would. He is getting to know the guys in his platoon better and they are working on team building exercises this week. He is still getting used to early mornings!
In the midst of it all, I am trying to remember that this is also precious time I get to spend one-on-one with my son. He is such a smart little guy! His latest "cute thing" is that he has imaginary friends that go with him wherever he goes in the house. Today's list of imaginary friends includes: Despereaux, the "Down Unders", Max, Goofy, Baby Jaguar, Tigger, Pooh, Darby, Beaver, Fox, and Franklin. Dylan is also now going by the name of "Diego" and you must call him this. When calling out the names of his imaginary friends, one must not miss a name or Dyla...I mean, Diego will be sure and remind you of whom you left out! :) Ah, the imagination of an almost 3-year-old! Makes me tired...so off to nap I go.

No comments:

Women of Worth

  Women of Worth Look closely at the women listed in Matthew’s first chapter - the lineage of Christ. What do we find? An impeccable pedigre...